Foodies Galore offers a free recipe daily. Sign up to receive your daily dish by email below.
Salisbury Steak Dinner
- 1 lbs. ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp. Ketchup
- 1 tbsp. Soy sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 TBSP grated Ginger
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of rosemary
- 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs
Combine all ingredients in order listed; mix well. Form into 6 to 8 patties and then roll each pattie in flour. Brown in hot oil.
Remove all the patties from the frying pan to a plate.
ADD THE GRAVY:
- Dissolve 2 beef OXO packs into 2 & 1/2 cups of boiled water
- Pour the beef stock into the pan
- Bring to a light boil
- Dissolve 2 full TBSP cornstarch in a bit of cold water
- Whisk the gravy quickly while pouring in the dissolved cornstarch
- Once the gravy thickens, put the patties back into the gravy.
- Cover the pan with a lid.
- Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 30 mins.
Serve with Mashed Potatoes & Steamed Corn