Kale and Sunflower Seed Salad is a perfect complement to curry or spicy dishes. Crisp kale greens, green onion and roasted sunflower seeds well-coated with Foodies Galore famous Sesame Garlic dressing tastes similar to seaweed salad with added flair.
Kale salad prepared this way will keep in your fridge up to 3 days and taste as great as the day it was made.
For this delicious salad, you will need:
- 4 cups chopped kale (the size of the kale is to taste – to resemble seaweed salad, slice the kale in thin strips)
- 2 or 3 Tbsp finely minced green onion or scallions
- 1 Tbsp roasted sunflower seeds
♦ Wash the kale well. Use a salad spinner to remove all the water (they work great!)
♦ Combine the kale, green onion and sunflower seeds in a bowl.
♦ Prepare the dressing and coat the salad well, using all.
Foodies Galore Sesame-Garlic Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dark sesame oil
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Siracha chili sauce (add more for a spicier ‘kick’)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- a few dashes of black pepper
♥ Combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth. Use every last drop on the kale salad.