§ Celebrating Pasta with Ease §
Foodies Galore became super excited when Martha Stewart demonstrated cooking a full pasta meal…
all at one time
all in one pot
We quickly came up with a recipe of our own. Our little one LOVES mac n’ cheese, but we much prefer he eat a home-made version. So, after experimenting with various methods and using different kinds of cheese, we created this simple, creamy and savoury dish!
One-Pot Creamy Mac n’ Cheese
♦ 3 cups small elbow macaroni
♦ 4 cups chicken broth
♦ 1 tsp salt
♦ 1 and 3/4 cups milk – divided
♦ 3 Tbsps cream cheese
♦ 1 and 1/2 cups sharp old cheddar, grated
♦ 1 and 1/2 Tbsps cornstarch
- Using a deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid, pour in the uncooked macaroni and chicken broth. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- As the broth is about to boil, turn down the heat and prop open the lid slightly. Stay attentive as the pan will over-boil. Stir often for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the milk: Heat up 1 cup of milk with 2 Tbsp cream cheese. Heating the milk and cheese in a pyrex cup in the microwave for 1 minute is safe.
- Add the warmed milk with cream cheese to the macaroni while a bit of chicken broth still remains in the skillet. Keep the heat on.
- Add the grated sharp cheddar.
- Stir well.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 3/4 cup of milk (cold), then pour into the macaroni. Stir and allow it to thicken for a minute or two.
Serve warm. Eat well 🙂