A lot of folks LOVE pizza! Some of you may have enjoyed sitting in an Italian-style pizzeria where a wood-burning brick oven crackles in the middle of the restaurant baking your specialty pizza.
There’s the margherita pizza with tomato sauce, mozzarella and fresh basil.
And the pizza bianca with fresh mozzarella, garlic, olive oil, basil and parmesan.
Oh, and how about the calzone napolitana pizza with prosciutto cotto, mozzarella, fontina and ricotta?
Trust me, there are more and we have tasted many.
Foodies Galore would like to introduce you to this economical and easy to make, but tastes just like one of those pizza’s al forno –
the Spaghetti Pizza
Kids love it!
First, as always, we recommend you make a home-made tomato sauce using strained tomato and delicious spices and herbs.
- To a sauce pot, add 1 bottle of strained tomatoes
- Swish out the bottle with 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 TBSPs tomato paste
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 full tsp Siracha chili sauce
- Let it simmer for 45 minutes
Meanwhile, prepare the following items:
- Grate 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Sliced pepperoni (at least 30 slices)
- In a pot of well-salted, boiling water cook 1/3 of a 400 gram pkg of capellini pasta – al dente (using a thin spaghetti noodle works great with this pizza)
- When done, mix with 3 ladles of the cooked tomato sauce and a good drizzle of olive oil
- Pour into a 13″ x 9″ baking dish
- Add more sauce over the spaghetti
- Cover with good parmesan cheese
- cover with the shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place several pepperoni slices all over the mozzarella – do not overlap the pepperoni though!
And here is your Spaghetti Pizza ready to go in the oven.
- Bake at 425° uncovered for 12 to 20 minutes (depending on how crispy you like your pepperoni).
This recipe is a fantastic way to involve the younger folks in your home with the cooking. Little ones enjoy placing these delicious ingredients on the pizza. And because it cooks so quick in a hot oven, their anticipation will not wane as they watch the pepperoni curl and crisp through the oven window.
Spaghetti Pizza completes the Friday night (end-of-the-week) dinner and a movie time with the family.
Love your food. Love your family time.